By Akyala Ishaku, PhD
We have Nasarawa State Signage Law enacted in 2018 but its has never been fully operational. This is how we can harness resources (IGR) for Nasarawa State through Signages;
- Nasarawa State should set up Nasarawa State Signage and Advertising Agency (NASAA) to handle all outdoor and indoor Advertisements.
- All Signages in Nasarawa State must go down, NASAA will handle fabrication of all Signages and every Signage will require a fee of N10,000.
- Only Karu Town has 6 million Signages, according to world Bank survey of 2016 if every Signages pays #10,000 that is 6 billion naira.
- Let us open up on House Numbering and Street naming. Only Karu has 6.1 household unit (world Bank Survey of 2016), if every House can pay 5k for House Numbering, that is 3.2 billion naira.
- Can we replicate 3 and 4 above in Lafia, Keffi, Akwanga and Nasarawa at the first phase.
We can achieve alot only with Signages. A New Nasarawa State Is Possible.
Ishaku Is A Lecturer With The Nasarawa State University