Arising from an emergency meeting following the dwindling performance of the Club, the Management of Nasarawa United has issued a three-match ultimatum to the coaching and playing staff, beginning from the team’s next away game against Shooting Stars of Ibadan on Sunday, 20th March, 2022.
The other two games are the return-leg ties against Shooting Stars and Heartland FC in the second stanza of the League.
A statement issued by media officer Nasarawa United FC, Mr Eche Amos indicated that the soul-searching meeting convened by the Club Chairman, Chief Barr. Isaac Danladi(Dan Moren Karu) on Monday, 14th March, 2022, in Lafia, the Management said the team must amass, at least, seven points from those games, or face the repercussions.
It was also observed at the meeting that;
- There is no unity among the players as some of them are engaged in acts capable of bringing the team and football generally to disrepute.
- The unity among the coaching staff is being truncated by a member of the technical crew.
- There is an urgent need to fortify the team with new and result-oriented strikers.
The meeting, however, recommended that;
- Though a direct disciplinary action would have been taken against the erring coach, but for the sake of fair hearing, a three-man Committee was set up, headed by the Chairman of the Club’s Technical and Disciplinary Committee, Idris Rilwan, with Rengon Ja’afaru as member, while the Team Manager, Solomon Babanjah, will act as the Committee’s Secretary, to look into the allegations leveled against the said coach and come up with necessary recommendations.
- Names of players recommended for laying off be submitted to the Technical and Disciplinary Committee of the Club for critical scrutiny and further action.
- Players, whether young or experienced ones, must work together to deliver on the mandate of the Club.
The Club Chairman said, henceforth, the club will step up its efforts in addressing the disunity among the players, while a Code of Conduct document for both players and officials of the team will be issued to them to sign, which is a
formal position that they will uphold the rules and regulations guiding the club, and where anyone is found wanting, the necessary penalty will be meted.
He pleaded with supporters and fans of the club to be patient and continue to rally round the team to get out of its current spot.
Barr. Danladi used the meeting to appreciate the Executive Governor of the State, His Excellency, Engr. Abdullahi Sule, for his fatherly role and moral and financial support to the team.
He also appreciated the Deputy Governor, Dr. Emmanuel Agbadu Akabe, for always standing by the team.
The Club Chairman equally appreciated the Commissioner for Youth and Sports Development, Amb. Lucky Isaac Yargwa, as well as supporters, the State Football Association headed by Alh. Alkali Mohammed, fans and other critical stakeholders for their firm stand with the team, assuring that the club will overcome the transition period its passing through in no distant time.
After eighteen round of matches, the Solid Miners are placed 12th on the log with 22 points at the ongoing 2021/22 Nigeria Professional Football League Season, a development participants at the meeting said must change immediately.
In attendance at the meeting were the entire Management Staff, and Coaching Staff, while Club’s Captain, Danlami Umar, and King Osanga(one of the senior players) also joined in the conservation.